Janne Glæsel is an attorney and partner at Nyborg & Rørdam and for more than 30 years specialised in intellectual property law, focusing on trade marks, copyright, domain names and marketing law issues. She is widely experienced within IP-litigation and counselling, including injunction cases and regularly represents clients, including brand & domain name owners in landmark court cases before the Maritime and Commercial Court, the Supreme Court and administrative boards. Moreover, she has experience with taking cases to the EU Courts.
Janne also provides counselling services within the fields of general commercial law and data protection law, including in an international context.
As licensed administrator at the Probate Court of Copenhagen Janne has since 1997 been working with estate planning, including administration of estates, preparation of wills and marriage contracts. As chairman of a number of foundations and trusts she has wide exeprience also within the field of trust and foundation law.
Janne has previously acted as chairman of the board of Copenhagen Zoo.
- Unfair Competition Committee (UCC) and former chairman of Non-Traditional Marks Committee under the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Former vice-chairman of the board: The National Data Protection Board, the Danish IT Security Board and the Digital Knowledge Board
- Chairman of a number of charitable foundations
- Co-author of “The 3D shape dilemma: Refusal to register the three-dimensional shape of a loudspeaker” i Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 2012, vol 7, no. 10
- Co-author on leaflets on R & D, IT Security, the Marketing Practices Act, data protection and various articles on trademark law issues
- “Copyright Litigation” 2nd edition 2015, European Lawyer, Thomson Reuters
- Data Protection & Privacy 2022, Denmark – Global Practice Guide, Chambers 2022
Danish Bar Admission 1981
Admitted to the Danish Supreme Court 1989
- 2018: Partner in Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm
- 2017: Office cooperation with Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm
- 2008 – 2016: Partner, Gorrissen Federspiel
- 1996: Licensed administrator at the Probate Court of Copenhagen
- 1986-2007: Partner, Bech-Bruun
- 1978-1986: Attorney-at-law, Bech-Bruun
- 1978: Master of Laws (University of Copenhagen)