Johan Leonhard is an attorney and partner at Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm specialising in intellectual property law, data protection law as well as commercial and company law.
Johan has a background with combined experience from the legal profession and as in-house counsel and Data Protection Officer in major global companies. This combined experience has given him a special understanding of the practical legal challenges often facing companies as well as how to prioritise and create value. His expertise is to quickly find the core of complex problems and to solve them efficiently and pragmatically.
Johan has many years of broad experience within the field of intellectual property law, including trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, patents, designs and marketing law. He has assisted clients in disputes within all areas of intellectual property law, including at court cases, injunction proceedings and cases before tribunals and other authorites.
Within the field of intellection property law, Johan has also built up extensive experience within the field of data protection and technology law. His experience within this field has been extended by a comprehensive practical experience with implementation and running of compliance programmes within data protection.
Furthermore, Johan has many years’ experience within company law, company transactions and general commercial law.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- LES Scandinavia – Licensing Executive Society (fungerede desuden som bestyrelsesmedlem 2014-2019
- “Copyright Litigation”, 2nd edition 2015 – European Lawyer, Thomson Reuters
Danish Bar Admission 2012
Admitted to the Danish High Court 2015
- 2021: Partner, Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm
- 2018-2021: Data Protection Officer, Coloplast
- 2016-2018: Group Legal Counsel, GN Store Nord
- 2009-2016: Attorney-at-law, Gorrissen Federspiel
- 2020: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
- 2009: Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen
- 2009: Studies at Tullane University, USA