Henriette la Cour is an attorney and partner at Nyborg & Rørdam with a broad experience within i.a. taxes and duties, company and contractual law as well as the legal issues you normally come acorss in various types of businesses also in an international context.
She represents both Danish and international clients in tax matters within both company and business taxation as well as income taxation of individuals. Henriette works with both Danish and international taxation matters and provides legal counselling in the field tax/company law including in connection with M&A, restructuring, family business succession as well as share incentive structures for management and key employees etc. Henriette also assists start-ups with all matters from formation and shareholders’ agreements to incentive programmes and investments. Furthermore, she has a considerable experience with transfers and exit of start-ups. Very often, tax consequences play a major role when structuring a given transaction. Henriette is an experienced counsellor and a competent sparring partner within this field with a good understanding of business operations. This ensures the opmitization of both the contractual and tax situation both in relation to various types of transaction and in connection with setting up business or operational activities within companies, capital changes and adjustment of ownership and shareholders’ agreements etc. Henriette also has a commercial and solution-oriented approach which contributes towards obtaining the best possible result for the client.
Furthermore, Henriette conducts complaints cases regarding taxes and duties before the Tax Appeals Agency (the National Tax Court and administrative appeal boards) and before the courts.
Finally, Henriette is engaged in construction as an advisor to constructors.
Memberships and honorary offices
- Advisor/panel participant in OresundDirekt
- Advisor to “Haab i Psykiatrien”, a humanitarian organisation dedicated to creating hope for patients in psychiatric care
- Member of the board of the Danish Tax Lawyers’ Association
- Danish Tax Lawyers’ Association
- Danish Tax Science Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Danish Association for Company Law
- The Oresund Association of Lawyers
- Dansk Biotek
Danish Bar Admission 1996
Admitted to the Danish high courts 1998
- 2012 – : Partner, Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm
- 2009 – 2012: Director, Manager of KPMG Legal Services in the Tax Department
- 2008 – 2009: Director, KPMG, Tax Department
- 2002 – 2008: Attorney-at-law, Accura Company of Lawyers
- 2000 – 2002: Attorney-at-law, Plesner Law Firm (after merger with O. Bondo Svane)
- 1995 – 2000: Assistant Attorney and subsequently attorney, O. Bondo Svane Law Firm
- 1991 – 1995: Tax advisor/consultant, KPMG
- 1994: Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Financing), Copenhagen Business School
- 1991: Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen
- 1989: Licence Speciale en Droit Européen at Université Libre de Bruxelles
Henriette la Cour has taught both accountants and lawyers and at Center for Ledelse (a well-known Danish management partner company) in the area of tax/company law.