Janie C. Nielsen is a partner at Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm and has for 20 years specialised particularly within the field of employment and labour law. This includes a wide range of regular ongoing advice and sparring, advice on the Danish Holiday Act, equal treatment etc. as well as bonus schemes, warrants and share options, non-solicitation and competition clauses, employee relation in connection with massive lay-offs. Janie advises many CEOs, senior executives and owners and is often used as a sparring partner, for example in connection with conflicts in owner-managed companies and severance agreements.
Janie has also participated in collective bargaining on the private labour market and regularly teaches in employment law, board membership/leadership and data protection law.
Janie has acquired management skills from several managerial positions within the legal profession and has also worked as chief legal officer within the private business sector. Finally, Janie participates on boards of directors and has a solid experience from various lines of business, including board leadership, and she has an extensive education regarding board participation/leadership.
- Danish Board Leadership Society
- The Association of Board Attorneys
- The Association of Female Board Members
- Danish Management Society (VL79)
- Danish Association of Employment Lawyers
Danish Bar Admission 2001
Admitted to the Danish High Court 2003
- 2022 – : Partner, Nyborg & Rørdam Law Firm
- 2016-: Various board memberships
- 2015 – 2002: Partner, Reimer Legal Law Firm
- 2012-2015: Partner, NORDIA Law Firm
- 2010-2012: Director, Business development and communication, Bech-Bruun
- 2009-2010: Chief counsel, Nordic Sugar A/S
- 2005-2008: Chief Knowledge Officer and management secretariat manager, Bech-Bruun
- 1999-2009: Attorney and Assistant Attorney, Bech-Bruun
- 1998-1999: Assistant Attorney, Lund-Nielsen & Kønig A/S
- 2018: Executive Board Education, Financial institutions, at Copenhagen Business School
- 2015-2016: Executive Board Education at Copenhagen Business School
- 2004: Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of San Francisco, USA
- 1998: Master of Laws, Københavns Universitet